RMIT Project 89 PhD Scholarship For Lecturers In Australia 2023
Are you an Australian lecturer looking to further your education? Look no further than the RMIT Project 89 PhD Scholarship for Lecturers in Australia 2023. This scholarship is designed to help provide lecturers with the opportunity to complete a PhD in their chosen field of study. This blog post will discuss the eligibility criteria, application process and the rewards associated with this scholarship. Read on to learn more about the RMIT Project 89 PhD Scholarship for Lecturers in Australia 2023.
1) Eligibility Requirements
The RMIT Project 89 PhD Scholarship for Lecturers in Australia 2023 is available to applicants who meet the following criteria:
1) You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
2) You must have completed a master’s degree with a minimum of distinction (75%) in a relevant field from an Australian University.
3) You must be employed as a lecturer in an Australian university and must have held a lectureship for at least two years at the time of application.
4) You must demonstrate a research record of distinction and publishable quality, preferably with evidence of research impact and engagement with industry, government and/or community.
5) You must have a valid passport and be able to travel internationally if required.
6) You must be able to provide evidence of funding, either from your employer or other sources, to cover the costs of the scholarship period.
7) You must be able to commence the program in the academic year of 2023.
8) You must meet the English language requirements for the program.
2) Application Process
The RMIT Project 89 PhD Scholarship for Lecturers in Australia 2023 is open to all lecturers employed at an Australian tertiary institution. The scholarship is open to all nationalities.
To apply, interested lecturers must first ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria, outlined below. Once they have verified their eligibility, they can then proceed to complete the online application form on the RMIT website.
The application form requires applicants to provide personal details, a copy of their CV, and a research proposal outlining their proposed PhD project. The research proposal should include an outline of the proposed project, an explanation of why it is suitable for a PhD, an overview of the key research questions, a timeline for the project’s completion, and a bibliography of relevant sources.
Applicants must also submit two references from academics familiar with their academic work and an evidence of English language proficiency (if applicable).
In addition to completing the application form, applicants must also pay an application fee. All applications must be received by the stated deadline in order to be considered.
Successful applicants will be notified via email and invited to participate in an interview with members of the selection panel. Successful candidates will then receive a letter of offer with details of their scholarship.
3) What the Scholarship Covers
The RMIT Project 89 PhD Scholarship for Lecturers in Australia is designed to provide financial assistance to eligible higher degree by research students who are employed as lecturers at Australian universities. The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees: The scholarship covers up to 3 years of full-time tuition fees for the duration of a PhD study program.
- Living allowance: Recipients are also eligible for a living allowance of $25,000 per annum for the duration of their studies, which is paid as a fortnightly instalment.
- Overseas student health cover: Recipients are also eligible for the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) provided by RMIT University.
- Travel grant: In addition, recipients of this scholarship will also receive a travel grant of $5,000 each year to assist with costs associated with travelling to conferences and other activities related to their research.
This scholarship is an excellent opportunity for Lecturers at Australian universities to further their research and career development in their chosen field.
4) How To Apply
If you meet the eligibility requirements and are interested in applying for the RMIT Project 89 PhD Scholarship for Lecturers in Australia 2023, there are a few steps you need to take to complete your application.
Firstly, you will need to create an account and log in to the RMIT online application portal. Once logged in, you will need to complete the online application form and provide all of the required documentation such as proof of identity, academic transcripts and curriculum vitae.
It is important that you read the terms and conditions carefully before submitting your application.
Once you have submitted your application, it will be reviewed by RMIT’s selection panel. If you are successful, you will then be invited for an interview with a representative from RMIT. Following this, if your application is successful, you will receive a formal offer letter with details about how to accept the scholarship.
It is important to note that only applications received by the closing date will be considered for the RMIT Project 89 PhD Scholarship for Lecturers in Australia 2023. You should ensure that your application is complete and correct before submitting it, as incomplete or incorrect applications may not be considered.
We wish you the best of luck with your application!
Q: Who is eligible to apply for the RMIT Project 89 PhD Scholarship?
A: This scholarship is open to Australian citizens or permanent residents currently employed in a lecturing role at an Australian university. You must have completed your doctoral degree at an internationally recognised university within the last five years and have a demonstrated record of research achievements.
Q: What is the application process for the scholarship?
A: Applications should be submitted online via the RMIT Scholarships website and must include all required documents. This includes a CV, research statement, publication record, two referee reports and any other supporting documents. Once applications have been assessed, shortlisted applicants may be asked to attend an interview.
Q: What does the scholarship cover?
A: The scholarship covers up to four years of tuition fees and living costs for the successful applicant. It also covers research expenses such as conference attendance and publications.
Q: How do I apply for the scholarship?
A: Applications should be submitted online via the RMIT Scholarships website. You will need to include a CV, research statement, publication record, two referee reports and any other supporting documents. Once applications have been assessed, shortlisted applicants may be asked to attend an interview.
Q: When is the deadline to apply?
A: The deadline to apply is 1 June 2023.
Q: Is there any additional funding available?
A: Yes, successful applicants may be eligible to receive additional funding from RMIT’s research grants program, including access to co-supervision, conference support and training in research methods.